annuciations is a collaboration with nine renowned composers and musicians: Nicholas Bernier, Christian Kesten, John Berndt, Alessandro Bosetti, Christian Calon, Martine Crispo, Ned Bouhalassa, Chantal Dumas and Andy Williams. Each has produced a substantial body of solo work on a number of North American and European labels (avatar, empreintes DIGITALes, Hrönir, No Type, Monotype, Errant Bodies).
The project began with a reading and poetic re-interpretation of three texts, the Columbia Crew Survival Investigation Report, published by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change published by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and the Joint Task Force Guantanamo Standard Operating Procedures for Camp Delta, the US military installation in Guantanamo, Cuba. Readings of the poems were recorded, and given to the nine composers who subsequently composed new audio works using the recordings.
Text and voice : Fortner Anderson
Musical compositions : Ned Bouhalassa, Andy Williams, Christian Calon, Nicholas Bernier, Martine Crispo, Chantal Dumas, Alessandro Bosetti, Christian Kesten, John Berndt
Graphic design : Fabrizio Gilardino
01) 3 Out of Every 10 (7:22) Ned Bouhalassa
02) Echo Chamber (11:56) Andy Williams
03) In the Time (9:53) Christian Calon
01) Belly Into Fire (11:11) Nicholas Bernier
02) Talking T. Fortner (3:25) Martine Crispo
03) It’s a Small World (11:35) Chantal Dumas
01) It is Amazing (Gesualdo’s Waterboarding) (12:19) Alessandro Bosetti
02) Every Sunday Remix (15:11) Christian Kesten
03) Song for Fortner Anderson (13 :04) John Berndt